YAF Navy directly hit US destroyer, cargo ship in Red Sea: YAF spox


The spokesperson for the Yemeni Armed Forces says the YAF Navy hit the American destroyer USS Gravely directly and accurately.

  • The spokesperson for the Yemeni Armed Forces, Brigadier General Yahya Saree (Yemeni Armed Forces Military Media)

The naval forces of the Yemeni Armed Forces carried out a qualitative military operation targeting the American cargo ship “KOI” that was heading to the Israeli-occupied ports of Palestine with several appropriate naval missiles that directly hit the vessel, the spokesperson for the YAF, Brigadier General Yahya Saree, confirmed on Wednesday.

In a statement, Saree said the operation came in triumph to the oppressed Palestinian people amid the ongoing Israeli aggression and in response to the American-British aggression on Yemen.

He added that the operation took place just hours after the naval forces of the Yemeni Armed Forces targeted the American destroyer USS Gravely with several anti-ship missiles in the Red Sea, confirming that the strike was direct and accurate.

The US Central Command (CENTCOM) had earlier claimed that the destroyer shot down an anti-ship missile fired from Yemen toward the Red Sea and that no injuries or damage were reported.

The latest Yemeni announcement nips in the bud CENTCOM’s claim and an earlier CNN report that cited four US officials as saying that a Yemeni missile came within one mile of USS Gravely before it was able to shoot it down.

The CNN report claimed that the attack on USS Gravely was the closest a YAF attack has come to a US warship in a series of attempts to hit US warships in the Red Sea. However, on January 25, Saree confirmed a confrontation with several US destroyers and warships in the Gulf of Aden and the Strait of Bab al-Mandab.

Back then, the spokesperson for the YAF confirmed that the results of the confrontation included “directly hitting an American warship and forcing two American merchant ships to retreat and return.”

The Yemeni Armed Forces employed “a number of ballistic missiles” in the operation that lasted for more than two hours, he specified, revealing that a number of these missiles reached their targets, despite the attempts of the warships to intercept them.

On Wednesday, Saree affirmed that the Yemeni Armed Forces persist with their military operations: enforcing a blockade on Israeli navigation in the Red and Arabian seas until a ceasefire is achieved, and food and medicine are allowed into the besieged Palestinian people of the Gaza Strip.

The Brigadier General underlined that the Yemeni Armed Forces will confront the American-British escalation with escalation and will not hesitate to carry out wide and qualitative military operations “in response to any American or British foolishness against Yemen.”

Elsewhere, Saree reiterated that all American and British ships in the Red and the Arabian seas are legitimate targets for the Yemeni Armed Forces as long as the two countries’ aggression on Yemen persists.

Read more: US threats via Omani backchannels will not deter Yemen: al-Houthi



Source link

Latest articles

spot_imgspot_img

Related articles

spot_imgspot_img