Yemenis lead normal lives, unaffected by wide-scale US-UK aggression


Al Mayadeen’s correspondents in Yemen describe how citizens are out in marketplaces and on beaches as usual despite the recent US-UK-led aggression.

  • Members of the Yemeni Armed Forces hold up a Palestine flag and a Yemen flag as others carry out a training exercise in an undisclosed location in the country, on February 3, 2024. (Yemeni Armed Forces/Military media)

The United States and United Kingdom-led aggression on Yemen targeted Hodeidah Governate with nine air raids, some of which came really close to the city, Al Mayadeen‘s correspondent in Hodeidah reported on Sunday. 

Although airstrikes in al-Durayhimi district to the south of Hodeidah city came really close to populated areas, none of the strikes on the governate led to large-scale damages, our correspondent said.

Moreover, our correspondent from the governate said the Yemeni leadership confirms that any strike on Hodeidah, or the capital Sanaa, will be met with an equal wide-scale, large, and painful response.

Al Mayadeen‘s correspondent said that residents in the area went on with their lives as usual, despite the US-UK-led aggression.

Citing sources informed on the matter, our correspondent said that trade ships continue to sail the Red Sea except for Israeli vessels, US-UK-owned vessels, and those headed to Israeli-occupied ports in Palestine.

Our correspondent emphasized the strategic significance of Hodeidah, noting its location on the Red Sea, a critical passage for both regional and international waters.

Around 140km away, Al Mayadeen‘s correspondent in the Yemeni capital Sanaa confirmed that life goes on as usual in the capital, as marketplaces and streets fill up with people. Our correspondent said that the US-UK strikes, earlier on Sunday, were the most violent yet, however,  the Yemeni people hold “true [to their] steadfast positions” regarding the Palestinian cause and the operations of the Yemeni Armed Forces. 

Just after dawn, Brigadier General Yahya Saree, the spokesperson for the Yemeni Armed Forces, affirmed that the most recent US-UK aggression consisted of 48 strikes across various areas in multiple Yemeni governorates.

In a statement posted on X, Saree explained that the air raids by the American-British aggression targeted the governorates of Sanaa, Hodeidah, Taiz, al-Bayda, Hajjah, and Saada.

The 48 air raids carried out by the aggression were distributed, as outlined in a brief statement, as follows: Thirteen raids targeted Amanat al-Asimah (Sanaa capital) and Sanaa Governorate, nine raids on Hodeidah Governorate, and eleven raids on Taiz Governorate.

Additionally, al-Bayda and Hajjah governorates were each targeted with seven raids, and the aggression’s aircraft launched one raid on Saada Governorate.

Using their self-appointed duty to protect international maritime trade routes as a pretense, the US and the UK launched a series of strikes that violated Yemen’s sovereignty. These aggressions come after the Yemeni Armed Forces launched a naval campaign to block all Israeli-owned ships or ships heading to Israeli-occupied ports from passing through the Red Sea, in response to “Israel’s” war on Gaza and its siege on Palestinians.

Read more: US-UK aggression against Yemen is an open war: Ansar Allah



Source link

Latest articles

spot_imgspot_img

Related articles

spot_imgspot_img